Mask [Oct 2010]


Another work in progress, something a little different for me because it isn't round! and will probably be a brooch, not a pendant.  The main part might be part of a lock mechanism - I can only guess, as I found it on the road.  It was very rusty, and I wire brushed it, then heated it and dipped it in an oil bath to give it the lovely dark finish.  Underneath are a CCD chip from a digital camera in the mouth, with glass and mother of pearl, with a filter from a mobile phone lcd sandwiched in between, for the eyes/nose.

The filter is quite interesting, as it appears a semi-transparent green mostly, so the mother of pearl is visible


but from certain angles, it flashes the most brilliant irridescent blue...


the photos don't do it justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - feedback on my work is valued.